viernes, 15 de junio de 2007

Chess Training for IV Arnoldo Tenorio In Memoriam



Here is the description of my training for IV Arnoldo Tenorio In Memoriam tournament which I hope to play in Granada, Nicaragua in December 2007.

At first, I have used internet in order to look for some advice on chess training, and based on that advice I got to understand the great importance of tactic training. Yes, I need lots of tactic training (grand masters need it also), that is the most important part of this, but not the only.

FROM MONDAY TO FRIDAY

TACTICS
Time = 75% of training time (Chess consists of tactics for 90 per cent. J.R. Capablanca)
The way = Solving Chess Puzzles and reading "Tactics and Strategy" of Max Euwe.

MIDDLE GAME
Since I have never studied anything about Middle Game, this is the second priority.
Time = 15% of training time
The way = Study of Annotated grand master's games (using kotov`s techniques) and reading "The art of middle game" of Keres and Kotov.

ENDGAME
Endgame is one of the most important parts of chess learning.
Time = 9% of training time
The way = The study of some books I have

OPENING AND OTHER
Time = 3% of training time
The way = Improve the understanding of opening I use, like Caro Kann, Sicilian, Queen´s Gambit and so on, I will need to search information on internet.

ON WEEKEND

PLAY AGAINTS FRITZ 10
Now you don’t need to go to tourney to play against a good player, I will simply play against that software that won the world champion: Vladimir Kramnik, for that I will use the same time control used in tournaments: 1.30 hours + 30 secs increment for each move.

---------------------------------------------------------

I will use 3 hours daily, and for the completing of priorities I will use a sequential schema: at first I will try to complete 75 hours of tactics (about 25 days), then 15 hours of middle game (5 days) and so on, I mean percentages will become hours of work.

MY OBJECTIVES FOR THAT TOURNAMENT:

1. not to be erased from federation list. As I do not have so much time I will try to make 2 tournaments every year, but I will continue training all time.

2. Have good results against rated players. I have played 2 of them, the first was a draw, the second a lose, I need good results against 9 and it’s sure I get to the top 100.

3. Could I hope to get any norm, as national master? It’s difficult but not impossible; I have 7 months for training.

No hay comentarios: